Greetings! I trust this message finds you well and healthy.
Glissando is happy to announce its fourth season and a partial return to live concerts. Like many other concert series, we will be functioning in a dual—live and virtual—format. As the seating at live concerts is restricted, their video recordings will be available online for a week of unlimited viewing, starting approximately eight days after a live event. There will be two purely virtual concerts as well.
Our season opener—the first live concert since February 2020—will be held at our regular venue, the First Church in Boston (66 Marlborough Street, Boston, MA 02116) on Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 7:30pm.Ian Lindsey, long praised for his breathtaking virtuoso performances, will celebrate the 210th birthday of Franz Liszt with an all-Liszt program. The works of Liszt are at the center of Mr. Lindsey’s repertoire. He presented the complete Hungarian Rhapsodies ten years ago for Liszt’s bicentenary, and has performed the complete Paganini Etudes, the Dante Sonata, and many other pieces by the Hungarian master. For the opening of our new season, he will offer a thrilling program of Liszt’s mature and late works—including not only beloved warhorses, such as the First Mephisto Waltz and “Venezia e Napoli,” but also several lesser-known masterpieces, such as the Fantasia and Fugue on BACH and excerpts from the Third Année de Pèlerinage.
This is going to be a fantastic concert, and we’d love to see you there. Please join us for Ian Lindsey Plays Liszt—Live Recital!Please try and purchase tickets as soon as you can because the seating at the First Church is limited to one-third of its previous capacity.
To purchase tickets, please use this link:Ian Lindsey Plays Liszt—Live Recital. All the ticket sales are online, there will be no door sales. Ticket sales for this concert will end at 4pm on October 30.
Franz Liszt (1811–86)
Second Elegy Fantasia and Fugue on BACH Valse oubliée No. 1 Mephisto Waltz No. 1
Venezia e Napoli (Gondoliera—Canzone—Tarantella) Les jeux d’eau à la Villa d’Este Sunt lacrymae rerum Sursum corda!
We will be strictly enforcing the following COVID-19 protocols:
1. All patrons must be fully vaccinated and provide a proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (a CDC vaccination card or a photocopy of it), along with an accompanying photo ID, upon entry to the venue.
2. Face masks, completely covering the nose and mouth, are required at all times while indoors for performers, patrons, and staff.
3. Each concert will last for up to 90 minutes, either without an intermission, or with a very short one (10 minutes maximum), and without a post-concert reception, in order to limit the movement and time spent inside the venue.
4. All ticket sales are electronic; there will be no ticket sales at the door. Ticket sales will end at 4pm on the day of the concert. Your name(s) will appear or our attendee list. Please do not print out your tickets; at the entrance, show your ID and proof of vaccination.
5. All musicians performing in the 2021–22 season are fully vaccinated.
6. If anyone—performer(s), patrons, or staff—is experiencing any COVID-19, common cold, or flu symptoms, they are requested to stay home and get in touch with the presenter.
7. Unfortunately, we cannot allow children under 12 to attend until vaccinations are authorized for them by the CDC.
8. These protocols are subject to change. Live concert tickets could be refunded because of an illness.
Please check out our subsequent events for this season: